This is the most current labeling information, and may differ from labels on product packaging. If there are any differences between this website labeling and product package labeling, this website labeling should be regarded as the most current.
Benzocaine 7.5% .................................... Oral anesthetic
- temporarily relieves sore gums due to teething in infants and children 4 months of age and older
Allergy alert: Do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine, or other “caine” anesthetics
Do not use to treat fever and nasal congestion. These are not symptoms of teething and may indicate the presence of infection. If these symptoms persist, consult your doctor.
When using this product
- avoid contact with the eyes
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- do not use for more than 7 days unless directed by a doctor/dentist
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days
- irritation, pain, or redness persists or worsens
- swelling, rash, or fever develops
Keep out of reach of children. If more than used for pain is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- to open tube, cut tip of the tube on score mark with scissors
- children 4 months of age and older: apply to the affected area not more than 4 times daily or as directed by a doctor/dentist
- infants under 4 months of age: no recommended dosage or treatment except under the advice and supervision of a doctor/dentist
store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
artificial flavor, benzoic acid, carbomer 934P, D&C red no. 33, edetate disodium, FD&C blue no. 1, glycerin, methylparaben, polyethylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, saccharin
Questions or comments?
Call weekdays 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-888-797-5638
LBL-00000018 (Version 13.0)